Friday 5 September 2014

Back to it

These days I don't feel as bereft as I used to when the children go back to school in September.  The silence in the house is still deafening, and I miss their wild enthusiasms and crazy logic spinning through my day, but these days they really need to get stuck back into school by the time September comes around - and more importantly they want to get back to it too.  

Olivia has left primary school and is now at high school with Cam, which they are both very pleased about.  I am delighted too because the days of the school run have finally come to an end.  To celebrate, I have waved them off to school each morning this week still in my pyjamas - standing on the doorstep, with a cup of coffee in my hand, as I watch them walk up the road together.  Utter luxury.

"Cam, why are you so tall?" #backtoschool

In one more week I go back to work too.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I have just fourteen more weeks of placement, and then I will be qualified - so exciting.  Yesterday, my parents-in-law sent me these tiny little nurse figurines to mark the final stage of my training.  They are sitting by my desk, reminding me of everything that is still to come.

A wonderful, surprise present from my lovely in-laws @turnedupto11 and @jmnewmalden - three perfect, tiny vintage nurse figurines.  I love them.  The Sister in the middle has a particularly realistic pose - her ward would be very well run! #nurses #figuri          

7 comments:

  1. It is nice to be able to send them all off on their own! My three youngest walk to school together and don't need me to come along. Sometimes I miss the school run in the morning but mostly I don't. I leave the house for quick sharp runs at the same time. You are so right, utter luxury, both coffee and pj's and running gear. Enjoy your last week off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember when nurses dressed like that. You will tell me it wasn't very practical but I loved those uniforms. Perhaps we could introduce dress uniforms for nurses and bring them back? For occasions like royal visits to open new hospital wings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I suggest that you stop feeding Cam so that Olivia has a chance to catch up .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely photo of them. And how nice to be able to stay in pyjamas to wave them off to school. I hadn't considered that. Maybe one day... What a lovely thoughtful gift from your parents-in-law. I do hope you enjoy the rest of your placement time. In the meantime, have a good final week off. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you enjoy your week alone and that your last few weeks of placement go well!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it me or is the nurse figurine on the right a man in drag??!!!

    ReplyDelete

Even though I often do not have the time to reply to everybody, I really appreciate all your comments so much - thank you for taking the time to read my blog and share your thoughts on what I've written.